Monday, October 6, 2008

Regarding Toothpaste

From the Queen's own Diary:

"Ever wondered what it felt like to have a handful of toothpaste? I usually buy trial sizes to avoid the discovery altogether, but they cost as much as a full tube, so... I saw it first hand. Literally. Crest white striped with blue curled over and under in a graceful plop centered on a small hand with carefully held fingers. I was actually right there when it happened, too. My little Princess was happy until she wondered how to get the paste from her hand to her toothbrush, which, upon further thought, was in an unknown hiding place perhaps quite distant. She glanced up at me. I smiled and patted her head before my eyes dropped to her outstretched arm... GASP! I didn't risk the time to get a camera, although... I'll have to keep one handy! I counted to three while holding her wrist and found a toothbrush in the preferred purple color. Then it was simple to swipe a bit as if everyone loaded up toothpaste in the hand first. The rest was scooped up with handy tissue and deposited where it could do no more harm. Hands washed, teeth brushed, Mother and Daughter emerged smiling and triumphant, as if we'd accomplished a well-planned powder room moment!"

No comments: